Re: distributor pickups rubbing

Replace it.
| Can anyone tell me what symptom could occur from the pickup in the distributor | rubbing form excess shaft wear? | This is on a 91 chevy pickup with a 350.
| My problem is it stalls when I put it in gear. I have replaced about every | sensor in the truck to no avail including ECM. | What I have found is when I disconnect the wire for setting the timing, the | truck will idle fine in gear. | The only thing I have found in the distributor is a worn shaft and the points | on the pickup on one side of the distributor have been rubbing and worn done, | the other side has not been touching. | any help would greatly be appreciated. |