Re: Electric fuel pumps suck.

I have never seen so many posts,here,or anywhere else,about S-10`s. I guess they must be junk!
1/4 Mile Junkies

Bill S wrote:

nope, there popular

& junk
~KJ~

Popular junk?
Doc

I'd agree with that.
~KJ~

must be like junk food.. they sell tons of it.. *g*
Mac
KJ wrote:

Most people that own them run them hard and use them hard and never have a problem. My 88 would have went to 200k or more if it weren't for getting a hole in the radiator and overheating.
My 88 is at 147 and the ENGINE is indestructible. I've driven it for about 20 minutes without the serp belt, used to burn rubber all the time, and drove it at 75MPH in 2/3 gear ( manual) every oncst in a whilst. But everything electric breaks on demand (who's demand I know not). - dun like 'em.
~KJ~

Indestructible???? Let me have it for a few day`s! LOL!!!!
1/4 Mile Junkies
I'm on number 5 (4 S-10s + 1 Sonoma)... I've alwayse bought them pretty old and beat them pretty hard. The 96 Sonoma is running great at 180K mi (bought it with 163K). The pre 87 (3 of them) weren't very powerful, and pulling a full load were maxed at 35mph on the highway. My 88 w/ a 1000 lbs load pulled 80 on the toughest hills (ie: Windser NY there's a 3 mile hill) - the fuel injection made all the differnece for the sake of power (in the 2.8L V6s). And on-thread... Only the 88 had a fuel pump go on it... We were 300 mi from home returning on a Sunday (parts stores closed) w/ the Harley and Canoe on it. It made it home at an average of 5mph - a long long trip. The 87 that I'm working on now probably didn't need the fuel pump - but instead seemed to fake me out - though I'm not sure. Still chasing fuel line and electrical problems. Tomarrow I will be taking the tank out and replacing the fuel-return line and while I'm there soldering a ground-lead to the fuel line that's used internally for ground. The 87 has 166K miles and I just rebuilt the engine. After that and the rest of the bugs are out if it, I'm certain it will be a good solid vehicle. And with Gas going to $3/gal it's a good size for me - still a truck, but only a small 6 - and not a pathetic 4. Elliott

First I meant 152 when I said 147, whatever that is. The 'iron horse' or 'iron four' is a nice little engine. I know that when we had about an 800lb load in the bed with paving stones a while back, we had no problem keeping up with traffic on the highway on I93 in the 'shire.
~KJ~

S-10`s.
have a

getting