Re: Exhaust on '94 Suburban

"Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote in message

the
other
Snowman,
I essentially the same thing on both of my trucks (93 C3500, 94 K1500). On both trucks, I had a 3" high flow converter, 3" flowmaster muffler, with single 3" pipe all the way out the back. Both of them have a very nice sound, and a drastic improvement in gas mileage. Both trucks have the 350. My 3500 can get 10 mpg now, where before I was at 4. (I carry 14000 pounds in it daily) My 1500 went from 16 to 20. Not to mention the power improvement.
John
Most after market systems go this route. 3" pipes for a single and smaller for dual. Many dyno pulls have verified the gains. Check out some of the manufacturers web sites. Also pay attention to the intake, the Banks Stinger systems modify the air cleaner air path for better flow. This is a improvement over the stock TBI cleaner.