Re: Fire n the hole..

true a hot spark is a good thing. but too hot of a spark can actually melt a hole in your pistons. check with a professional to make sure you end up with a proper aftermarket igniton system for your engine.

Reply to
S.S.I.N.

I have never heard or seen of a melted or holed piston resulting from too hot of a spark, however i have seen firsthand the end result of a hot spark combined with lean fuel mixtures and over advanced initial ignition timing leading up to pre-ignition and detonation.

Reply to
Mad Dog

That's not possible, that hot of a spark would destroy the plug first. I think your confused with retarded timing. Now that'll melt a piston right now. And timing to far advanced will also damage a piston, in a high enough compression motor can even damage a rod.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

i've seen it done with a msd coil and v-grove spark plugs. next time i go to the performance shop i will take a picture of the piston.

Reply to
S.S.I.N.