Re: Fuel prices are dropping

I just got back home to Iowa after a Florida vacation and got quite an eye opener going from Georgia to Florida. I filled up with Deisel for $1.56 or something real close then I crossed into Florida not even 10
miles down the road across the state line and it was about .25 cents higher. what's up with that???? Glad I have a Deisel... Gas was like $2.20 for premium.. Ouch I would have shut down my business..... Have a Great One ! Bob :)
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 22:12:53 -0500, Perkins snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (JustaBenz Perkins Racing) wrote:

country. It is down to 1.799 for regular. You can get Walmart gas for 1.779. It has been pretty steady at that level for over a week.

Hmm. Where did you visit? An anti-car convention? ;o)
(More likely, somewhere like a leafy suburb of London, where a car is too expensive to run when compared to plentiful public transport)
I must confess that I only know of one person who was happy with fuel prices over here.
Finnish, and a fanatical anti-car cyclist, he found himself in the situation of needing a license for his job, passed the test, and promptly moved to Spain. Complaining about "rip-off Britain" as he packed..
Consider yourself trumped :o)
--

Hairy One Kenobi

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:08:24 +0100, "Hairy One Kenobi"

North Sea Coast. Not leafy and certainly different than the people around London.
@no.spam.comcast.net spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

Typically things are cheaper the further north you go, until you hit Scotland where it can all go weird.
But now all over the UK, people have had enough. It's getting to the point where not just the amount of fuel it uses, but the price of the fuel you pay is dictating what car you drive. That's just wrong.
It isn't using less fuel because you want to use less fuel (a good thing having choice), it's using less fuel because you have to use less fuel, because you can't afford to use the same amount of fuel as you used to (a very bad things). BTW, inthe height of Summer, busses and trains stink because even those with air conditioning have it is either switched off, or in a state of disrepair. Although busses with Aircon isn't exactley a regular site either.
--
Carl Robson
(The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)