Re: GMC AWD Noise

HMc

piss off, Howie
do you have nothing better to do than to be a net-kopp and a net-nanny ?

Sigh..my bad. I apologize to Tink. (I hate it when that happens...)
My apology doesn't change the fact that you're a dickwad, however.
HMc
I am a dickwad? Look, I have already apoligized for my innocent mistake; perhaps it would have been more appropriate to post totally unrelated xxx material......(no pictures of course) or the latest way to riches. I don't see any flame for those postings. Again, I am sorry. I feel I don't deserve all of this abuse for a first time mis-post. I will say again I am sorry for the mispost.
All of this arguement certaintly isn't the reason why we are here. Lets start over and get back to the reason we are here - to Help each other, okay??? Now that we are back on track, I look forward to all of the helpful responses that I will recieve.
Thanks in advance for everyones help. tink

No, no, no. GARY is a dickwad, with some kind of projected aversion to net-nannies. I apologize to you for the misunderstanding.
To make matters worse, I can't offer any advice on your AWD noise. My 1500 Sierra has AWD, but it makes no noise.
HMc

and you're a net-nanny
now go sulk some more

and you're a net-nanny:
"The personality type attracted to the post/function/role of net nanny is extremely well described in the professional literature. The description is so good that even the untrained observer after only a first reading is able to make a positive identification. It is better described than any other aberrant personality type.
According to the literature they tend to be emotionally and sexually immature. Personal relations are a nightmare for them, more so for the object of their attention. They just cannot cope with other people especially tho se of their "preferred sex". They are described as being highly authoritarian and very seriously pedantic. Taking the highly authoritarian aspect first, they defer to and are weak with the strong (others who have some sort of control or hold on them). They tend to identify with an individual more disturbed than themselves agreeing to the point of grovelling with every thing the "leader"has to say. There is usually a strong component of homo-eroticism in this sort of relationship. They make and generally are excellent arse lickers.
On the other hand they "kick the shit" ot of those they regard as weaker or inferior to them. They are the sort of people who when asked to kill people only ask how many and how often. Pedantry, in this type of personality, is a consuming and all pervading passion. In newsgroups they tend to examine messages for spelling, punctuation, grammar, query syntax, whether the message is on topic, and general netetiquet before getting down to the message contained in the posting. If they do get down to the message they have nothing to contribute and bizarrely may even congratulate you for being on topic etc. (There are many examples around in this group).
A word to the wise. They are very easily offended because of their basic underlying pathology. Being rigid and unable to make concessions or to admit they may be "mistaken" every disagreement is taken as a personal sligh t. Coupled with their inability to correct misinformed notions and their lack of adaptability they tend to have ill balanced aims way out of proportion to any perceived slight. Responses to perceived slights are always ov er the top. War can break out over the miss-spelling of a word, a miss-placed punctuation mark, or minor difference of opinion. Cause indeed to have you banned from the Net. They fall out at the drop of comma! The paradox is that they are so full up with shit themselves that they do their best to put everyone down so as to cover up their own inadaquacies.
Newsgroups, are ideal for them partly because face to face relationships are not just a nightmare for them, but anyone within a 50 mile radius and partly because each group has a "charter" which they can refer to. A weapon with which to keep us all in line. A number of news groups are so badly infested that they either become deserted or the domain of one small "clique", ruined for everyone else. It is best to remember that inter-personal relations of any kind always become a veritable nightmare for them."