Re: Greasing her up

to put it simply:
upper and lower ball joints
every place there is a joint or pivot in the steering system
universal joints in drive train

an
That's it? No axles or drum or anything such of?

greasing
Ya, that's about it. Unless you happen to have greasable spring pin bushings, which is highly unlikely. Your axles(diffs) use gear oil, a 75w90 or 80w90 depending on climate. Your wheel bearings must be manually removed, inspected and packed with a good high temperature grease. And you absolutely don't want grease, gear oil or anything inside your brake drums, especially brake fluid, if a brake cylinder goes and it leaks to the braking surface of your drum, the drums and pads are history even if they're new. They must be replaced.
| > > Finally got a good grease gun and ready to take it to the truck. This is | > an | > > '85 K5 Blzaer with a 6.2L diesel. Since I don't know a lot about | greasing | > a | > > vehicle, could this group please tell me where all I need to grease | > > regularly? Thanks. | > > | > > | > | > | |
Do those units have a fitting on the shifter for 2hi-4x4-4x4 low?

This
There should be a spline joint in both driveshafts. Put some grease on any contact points on your parking brake cable, oil on hood hinges (critical). The hoods are designed to fold upon impact. If you let the hinges get dry, they will bend the hood when trying to close it. Always close the hood from the center, not one side. Oil the door, and tailgate hinges, too -- I like tri flow for this, but engine oil will work. And the door latches. Dan
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:38:01 -0700, "Mark Godfrey"

Colorado Springs, CO My advice may be worth what you paid for it.