Re: Help!!! Cant turn the key!

You got to get the strain off the wheel by turning the steering wheel as hard as you can. At the same time turn the key in the on position.
Good Luck
Darryl
Hey Darryl,
Thanks for the reply - the problem was that the steering wheel had no play, zero movement. Never saw anything like it.
I just got back in after taking the wheel off again and tried to locate the problem (nice way to spend Easter afternoon) - After all this time and ready to give up I put the wheel back on and then it occurred to me what we used to do when tranny's used to get hung up - and that is to rock that thing. I gave it several hard rocks back and forth and tried the steering wheel which was still locked hard but then bingo after three tries it popped free. I was able to start her up and and straighten it out. I could've done this in my dress clothes and took it to church. I guess I complicated what was really an easy solution :)
<DIV><EM><FONT face=Arial size=4>You got to get the strain off the wheel by turning the steering wheel as hard as you can. At the same time turn the key in the on position.</FONT></EM></DIV> <DIV><EM><FONT face=Arial size=4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><EM><FONT face=Arial size=4>Good Luck</FONT></EM></DIV> <DIV><EM><FONT face=Arial size=4></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><EM><FONT face=Arial size=4>Darryl</FONT></EM></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=