Re: HELP - Chevy Blazer - Body work

You'll need to pull the rods in from each side, a pair of 10R's (Vise Grips) and a helper are handy here in order to release the tailgate. A replacement is available in the "Help" section at your favorite auto
parts store.
Have a great one!
Bush
On 5 Nov 2003 17:36:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Zig) wrote:

. . . HELP - Chevy Blazer - Body work Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Nov 5, 2003, 5:36pm (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Zig)
I have a '96 Chevy S-10 Blazer. The latch on the rear window was loose and I removed the interior panel to tighten it. One of the parts fell inside the "tailgate" and I removed the metal panel inside the tailgate to retrieve it.
Got everything all tixed and tightened up and reassembled and shut the tailgate. When I did, the rod that that connects the "opener" handle to the opener mechanism popped out of its seat. Now, I can't open the tailgate.
Is there another way to unlatch the tailgate so I can open it and get back down into the mechanism?
TIA Chuck - jurgens at bellsouth dot net ======= ======
A "Snap-On" ... "Master Lockout" kit ...... it has vertually everything you'll ever need to pop a lock, or door release mechanism.
or..... a mobile locksmith that has one.....
or..... a local mechanic that has one.....
marshmonster ~:~