Re: How to get stock CD/radio to turn off when 2003 Silverado is turned off?

If you leave your radio on when you shut off the ignition and you want to get it to turn off, you can do one of three things:
1. Wait ten minutes. There is a ten minute timer built into the truck's
electrical system that shuts off accessorites after you turn off the ignition. 2. Open a door. Opening any door will also turn off the accessories that are left on after you turn off the ignition. 3. Press the button marked either "On-Off" or "Power" on your radio, and viola'! Your radio magically turns off.
That was way too easy. Gimme something harder...
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor

Obviously I was being sarcastic when I answered you the first time. You could remove the fuse from the panel that powers the radio and run a jumper wire over to another fuse on a circuit that shuts off with the ignition. That's actually fairly easy and quick - the trick is to take a test light and check which other fuses in the panel shut off with the ignition. I personnaly like the 10-minute delay feature, but I can understand why some folks would like to be able to turn off that option pretty much the same way you can change how the doors lock and unlock. What I don't understand is why anyone would think it's too much of an inconvenience to just press the Off button on the radio right before or right after they shut down the truck...
Cheers - Jonathan

Blaring? If you don't like the music you listen to, change the station and turn it down!

Obviously "blarring" was a pour choice of words, As was your last response.

Dave said

Hmmmm ... what's the difference in blaring as you park and blaring after you turn off the ignition? Sounds the same from outside the vehicle and the radio immediately goes off when you pull the door handle.
Maybe the volume's just too loud? ;-)
Casey