Re: How to identify towing package

IIRC, the Jimmy/Blazer tow package didn't include a transmission oil cooler, so you can't tell by looking for that. The RPO code for factory installed hitch is either VR2 or VR4 (the latter being a weight distributing hitch). Look at the SPI sticker in the glove box. The only other way to tell is looking at the wiring harness. If it's aftermarket, it will be some non-GM looking plug, either spliced into the wires, or T-plugged into the rear wiring harness. If indeed the only parts of the factory tow package for the

98 Jimmy/Blazer is the hitch and the connector, and you have those, then you in essence have a factory tow package whether GM factory installed it or not.

HMc

Hello, > I am looking at a 1998 GMC Jimmy SLT for purchase. The owners are not sure > if the vehicle has a factory tow package. It does have a factory mounted > hitch on it. > Is there a options tag or can I somehow identify the tow package from the > VIN? > Any help is really appreciated. > Dan
Reply to
Howard McCollister

*Zoe*