Re-Installing 2 Third row removable seats in 2003 Yukon DenaliAa

I'm baffled and annoyed with GMC and I need some help with the third row removable seats in my 2003 Yukon Denali. I'm trying to put them back in after having stored them in the garage shortly after I got the Denali.

The two seats each have little wheels. The manual instructs you to grab the handle and push the seat forward until the wheels drop into little recesses designed to accept them. I did that and then pulledthe handle upward and push ed forward and the seat is now locked in the vertical position. What I want to do is position the seat(s) so that people can sit in them. So, somehow I have to pull towards me the #3 handle and pull the seat(s) down. But when I do they do not lock in place and unless they're locked you cannot raise the seat backs.

I called GMC customer service. They transferred me to a dealership that was open and told me the dealership could help. Not true. I got someone in the sales department and he was not helpful. I'm in New York and the dealer where I got the car is closed. So are most others. It's nighttime here. So I call two more dealerships in Hawaii and California and ask for the service departments. These guys were not helpful either. Hard to believe.

I'm hoping someone out there in cyberspace has confronted and solved this mystery and would be willing to share with me the secret of installing these two seats so they can be used. The owners manual is unclear and inadequate on this subject.

Help...please!

Thanks.

John

Reply to
John

It's funny what a little break will do when one is aggravated. Had my dinner and went back out to fiddle with the seats. Brought a flashlight with me and this enabled me to see a a latch that I didn't see before. When I pulled on that latch, voila! I was able to bring the seats down and lock them in place. Once that was done I was able to pull lever #1 and grasp a an assist strap and pull up the seatback.

Case closed.

Reply to
John