Re: Interesting bulletin for those that want to use oiled reusable air filters.

a 406 is a 400 SBC .030" over.

-Bret

:|Keep building it up. I've never heard of a 406 though? Heard of a 402.... >:|.00009 over are we? LOL >:| >:|I like them as eye candy. But they haven't beat you yet have they? 10.9 I'd >:|say you have your shit together - so as I said, they have no chance against >:|a machine that's been built right. >:| >:|~KJ~ >:| >:|> Al >:|> >:|> 62 Chevy II, 406, TH400 w/brake, 9" Ford. Street driven, licensed and >:|> insured. 10.90 @ 123 so far. >:|> >:|> >:|
Reply to
Bret Chase

Ya I've found some references to the 400CUI SBC becoming a 406.

What is the fabled 409CUI now?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

the 409 and 348 were GM's first run at a big block. late 50's into the first half of the 60's. the 409 came stock with 409HP with 1 4bbl or 425hp w/ 2 4 bbl. they were a great motor, but they had heavy pistons and didn't rev esaily and were not tolerant of a missed shift overrev.

hth, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Beach Boys:

She's Real Fine, My 409 Up till the mid year 1965 in the big bodied cars, then the 396.

Then Paul Revere and the Raiders: SS396.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

I know this. Used to be a truck engine and then people would put it in the impala, thus the "409" model in my room. Was it a BB or a SB?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Big Block

So was the 348

The heads had the plugs under the valve cover like an International motor does.

Freaky but healthy sounding engine!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

There's an ex Chevrolet dealer in the area here,

that has an exsquisite 64 Impala SS409 2-4 Barrell Rochester. So beautiful it makes me cry it's not in a museum for everyone to enjoy!

I think it has less than 9,000 miles on it.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Buy it.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

It was his grandfather's, Father's:

Now his. The 70 Chevelle SS 454 COPO LS7 is his bought whe he returned from Nam, and so are the other treasures.

Nothing in the building is for sale.

Not even his son's 70 K30 DRW P/U that I helped him restore, then he rolled it.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

If he rolled it, then you know *everything* in there is for sale - at the right price. Remember my teachings to young grass hopper? Why don't you just stab a butter knife in my neck? It'd hurt less!!!

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I'm not in the market for that stuff now:

I'm fighting City Hall to get into my new building, and should have never closed on my old one. I have enough projects started and in a warehouse playing on them on.

Actually, the vacation is quite enjoyable.

The Turbo tow truck should be ready by the end of summer, the F.O.R.D. one anyway. The Chevy should take a year.

But the butter knife, that would hurt. Maybe even the dry price.

LOL

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

I know they sound ridiculous but they work 100%. IMHO if they react badly to it, I don't want to sell them my parts.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ