Re: Isolating the Computer, ESC, and Distrib Module

Page 4 of 4
I tried the cell phone route to dial into an internet provider a long time ago, mainly I tried it because I was traveling a lot for work at the time. It did work but it was terribly slow. It took forever for pages to load, but
maybe plain text wouldn't have been to bad I didn't try that. I don't know what your internet service is but a lot of the larger companies have local numbers in most states so all you would need is a phone line at the hotel. I use Roadrunner which has dial up service as well. Hey grab an AOL trial disc and use that until you get settled.
nospam

Well if I do much with it today it will probably be grounding and lighting. Hooked up the 2nd headlight yesterday and it's missing a ground - and thus dim. No tail lights, and 4-ways just turn on 1 bulb in the back. W/ lights it can get inspected and plates here. The issue with phone-hookups at a hotel is the hotels usually charge over $1 per minute to be on the phone. Thus a couple hours goes for over $100. I once had an office in a hotel with 6 employees. We got a comcast modem and it worked from inside the hotel. Still had to pay comcast's monthly bill, but with an 8port firewall we were in good shape for internet. The Holiday Inn down the road didn't work the same, and wouldn't allow TimeWarner direct service. Their best answer was "in a few months we plan to... but it's so expensive...". Thus it's a crap shoot going to a hotel where there is no service to start with. Reason for going there? I have a dog and it's the only place I could find that allows dogs. Elliott