Re: Knuckledraggers ...

<snip>

That's right ... too bad the previous owner depended on "regular dealer service."
VLJ -- Take only pictures, leave only bullet holes.

Well he said that the bladders had ruptured. My first impression was that they had too much grease in them at some point.

these at

that
You are right. He did say that. But, I don't know of these rupturing because they had so much pressure behind them that they blew out by force. Do you? I'd guess it broke, split or cracked, either because of weathering, road debris and dryness or a combination of all these rather than inside air/grease pressure. Anyone I've seen thats seemed to have "ruptured," had a pretty small hole in it and adding grease slowly oozed out of it. The hole being about the size of a pencil lead or smaller. Even at that they still held a substantial amount of grease. The internal pressure would only make it ooze till it equalized with the outside pressure.
Hatt
The term rupture can be taken literally, if one of the knuckledraggers had a pnematic grease gun in the shop. Fire that on there too long, she'll blow.
| > You are right. He did say that. But, I don't know of these rupturing | > because | > they had so much pressure behind them that they blew out by force. Do | > you? I'd guess it broke, split or cracked, either because of | > weathering, road debris and dryness or a combination of all these | > rather than inside air/grease pressure. Anyone I've seen thats seemed | > to have "ruptured," had | > a pretty small hole in it and adding grease slowly oozed out of it. | > The hole being about the size of a pencil lead or smaller. | > Even at that they still held a substantial amount of grease. The | > internal pressure would only make it ooze till it equalized with the | > outside pressure. | | | Well he did clarify that the boots were simply cracked due to lack of | grease. The term "rupture" implies that they broke due to to pressure | though, hence my first impression. | |