Re-manufactured trannys

Does anyone know of a source for excellent quality re-manufactured 4L60E trannys that might be superior to GM units? Or, is GM the best bet for the buck?
Thanks!
JB
Ping for the: Transmission Surgeon in this group:
Putting in a GM reman unit, is like puting a turd back in where it came from!
Refinish King

you rang ?
TS

Yeah, I'm getting a high-pitched whine (pump??) from the trans. first thing in the morning. Lasts a few seconds then goes away (so far). No other problems and no other noises the rest of the day. This is a GM reman unit with, I guess, about 150K on it. Feel like it's fixin' to go south on me.
JB
TranSurgeon wrote:

Re: " Yeah, I'm getting a high-pitched whine (pump??) from the trans. first thing in the morning. Lasts a few seconds then goes away (so far). No other problems and no other noises the rest of the day. This is a GM reman unit with, I guess, about 150K on it. Feel like it's fixin' to go south on me." +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Not that this has anything to do with the thread JB,but have you checked the trans filter lately? I don't know squat about anything newer than 1980 but those GM trans.had a filter that would clog and cause whine (where-as Ford had a screen that didn't clog).As I recall though usually if the trans.was making enough crud to plug the filter it's life was nearing the end anyway,and in any case the plugged filter would cause slippage that would finish the job. I'm sure there are plenty of fine gentlemen here to set me straight if this does not apply today and I am FOS.But it wouldn't hurt to service the thing if it's due Brian
******************** There are three kinds of lies; lies,damned lies,and statistics.---Disraeli
I was just suggesting to the person looking for a good tranny man to ping for you!
You are the surgeon!
Others are just transmission parts changers.
Refinish King

. . ====== snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Refinish_King1) wrote in message to Gary:
You are the Surgeon!
Others are just transmission parts changers.
Refinish King ============ he can't build'm if'n they ain't out.....
and they don't do no good sitt'n on the bench, they gotta be put back in.
and that's run'n bout $800 p/wk + bonus's and bennies nowadays.
~:~ marsh ~yells across the shop...."HEY....which one of you parts changers can tell me why this unit we jest put in AIN'T SHIFTING!!!~
rotflmao ==========
It aint shifting because:
Marsh forgot a checkball again!
LOL
Refinish King
(Refinish_King1)

(Refinish_King1)

LOL
Were they tractor trailer check balls?
Like Peterbuilt Allison sized check balls?
LOFL
Refinish King
(Refinish_King1)

Why not just have a good builder do the one you have. Jasper is supposed to have a good rep but I stuck one in my van and it hasn't really impressed me nor has jasper since they talk a big talk but won't really stand behind it for me. Had I known they' be such a PIA I'd have waited for a Chrysler reman. Larry

Yeah, ship your AT to TransSurgeon <a member of this ng> and have him rebuild it for you. Next time mine pukes, I'm driving out there with my transmission and a shitload of beer in the bed of my other truck.
Doc
This is my daily driver and it wouldn't be practical to ship the trans. I'm in the Dallas area. I don't guess you know of any good shops around here?
JB
"Doc" wrote:

Texas?
That's where Bush is from, I doubt there would be any good tranny people out there either?
LOL
Refinish King

I don't know if we grow good trans. mechanics here, but we grow great presidents!
JB
Refinish_King1 wrote:

You and a whole bunch of us got it right, JB! TWICE!!!

Hmmm, I just wanted to talk about transmissions.
Rolf wrote:

Opinions are like Colons:
Everybodies got one!
LOL