Re: Mr. Badwrench

need
truck
others
(or
mine
not
Looks like you and I came from the same school Doc, except I'm not lucky enough to have that '2nd truck' to throw the tires and tranny into. *But* I do watch the guy that handles the wrench when he takes off my tires, and make sure he properly torques 'em back down. As for the tools, the way I see it - if I need it once, I'll need it again. :-)
Jeremy
<SNIP>

the
before
Oh now there's another can of works to be opened...................getting the wrong parts at the parts store. Like brake drums with 4 holes in them when you have 5 studs; I open the boxes on everything before I buy them to knock off a few trips...........
Doc

drums
fault,
and
I once owned a Fiat (stands for "Fix It Again Tony" according to a friend of mine named, um, Tony). That sorry little piece of crap had a million parts that were almost but not quite identical to those for all other models and years - (and none of which were interchangeable with one single other Fiat vehicle) - not so much that you could tell by looking, just enough so they weren't actually interchangeable. A large portion of my amazing vocabulary of poetic profanity was perfected while I owned that puke green little POS.

Doc I agree fully about opening all the boxes before leaving the store. But what really makes me pissed is when I bring in the origional part that I have just removed off the vehicle and they argue with me when they bring me the wrong part.
side

buy
touch
and
"I
opened...................getting
them
of
parts
vocabulary
POS.

;>)
filters
oil
them
friend
and
Fiat
they

But
says
me
had
and
problems
I have more problems with Autozone bringing me out the wrong parts, less with them arguing with me - I think they're so stunned that some five foot tall woman who could be their mother and then some is reading them the riot act, they tend to back down. Napa guys are more accurate but also more convinced they're right when they're not. Except our nearest store - them I've got trained. ;>)

<snip>

The '2nd Truck' is actually my wife's, a 98' Sonoma SLS with a big honkin' "Mary-Kay Cosmetics" sticker on the back window (the wifey's a beauty consultant). I try to avoid driving it during daylight hours and to the parts store at all costs. Nuthin' like pulling up to NAPA in your Dickies in a makeup mobile.
During my brake fiasco I drove her's to work for a week; the guys were giving me all sorts of shit for weeks thereafter.
I actually am in the market for an early 90's K2500, 6.5TD, extended cab; these damn appalachian roads are killing me in my 2WD during the snowy months.
Doc

Hey Doc, is it MK Pink????
--
Steve W.

""Doc"" < snipped-for-privacy@noway.com> wrote in message

What I want to know Doc is whether you put on your makeup while driving this machine.

Naw, I might preen my eyebrows or beard in the mirror but no makeup...............
Doc

Haha... and then that 6.5 boat anchor will be killing your wallet ;-)
Sorry Doc... just had to say it. I just picked our '96 K3500 dually 6.5TD up from the shop today. Got the injection pump rebuilt for the SECOND time in 3 years. Hell it aint my money that goes into it... the boss has deep pockets ;-)
Maybe he'll wise up and buy a Cummins one of these days.

cab;
Yeah, I've heard the injector pumps are prone to grenade. What's it run for a rebuild?
Doc
Yes.
All my friends that have them (6.5) say that they should buy those pumps in caselots.

for