Re: mysterious TOOT??

this
Reminds me of an "Police" album.
Ghost in the Machine.
db~mabie that's why it was sold.
Do you have an aftermarket alarm installed? Maybe a factory alarm that uses the horn? Could be that. Or it just might be the switch in the steering wheel, is it erratic when pushed or solid on.
Cheers

This is the toot that the Factory alarm system produces after you hit the lock button on the keyfob twice. Frankly I thought you were talking about something else as I found out Sunday one of my new girlfriends is lactose intolerant, after feeding her my ice cream pie. "OOoops".
Have a great one!
Bush

i'm starting to think it's something caused by the heating up ( just after starting) or cooling down of the engine ( just after turning off). one of this days i'll get under it and try to pin point after shutting down.

this
Sounds stupid, but is it your muffler? My 99 started making a pop noise (one) when it was shut off... they replaced the muffler and it went away. Pretty far out but who knows?? B.G.