Re: New 2003 Yukon , Yukon XL or Tahoe LT - any opinions?

zaskar snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in message

Just bought the Tahoe a couple weeks ago and I can't tell you how amazing this vehicle is. The comfort factor is spectacular and the convenience features are amazing. Not sure what is standard in the Yukon but the personalization in the LT is just perfect. As an example, based on which key we use to remotely open the vehicle, the seats, mirrors even the radio station presets all automatically adjust to the last settings you used (it even picks up where I left off on the CD I'm listening to).
On 25 Jun 2003 16:23:26 -0700, morph snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (--Morph--) wrote:

That's what I figured. I'm hearing good things about the Tahoe. How is the stereo system in the Tahoe, the one w/ the Bose speakers. I have a 4Runner that came with JBL 6 speakers or something like that, to me it just doesn't sound that great. I was hoping the system in the Tahoe would be much better. My wife has a Mercedes with Bose speakers and the sound is incredible, crystal clear.
Thanks,
-z
(--Morph--)

They are great vehicles. After years being kind of stripped down, in 1999-2000 GM finally got it with their C/K models and their redesign reflected a HUGE increase in convenience features addressing many things lacking in previous models. In 2003, they kick the convenience features up a notch.
As to the stereo, have you ever been to a high-end audio shop and listened to three or four sets of $2000-plus home speakers? These pricey speakers all reflect what their designer believes represents the pinnacle of audio clarity, yet invariably they all sound different. My experience is that you would be nuts to expect a nirvana-inducing audio experience from any factory-installed automobile stereo system.
HMc