Re: Perhaps somehas an idea about this odd 2001 GMC Jimmy issue - Thxs to all who read/answer

Bust the dealer's balls and have them keep the truck for a few days while the rental car that your warranty provides takes you from point A to point B. Your warranty DOES cover the cost of a rental, right?
If not, rent the car and when the dealers wrenches find out how screwy the wiring is, make them reimburse you, because that's ridiculous!
Sam

Have the dealer change the ing switch, and inspect the bulk head connector pins. Its either one of those two places I suspect. And the dealer should cover it if its under warranty.
Martin

Dash lights came on in my 2000 Silverado sort of like you describe. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the ignition switch. Problem solved.
Good luck. Karl
You should have called Roadside assistance YOURSELF, and request that it be towed to a different dealer because the first one couldn't fix it correctly.
Jerry H. -- retired GMC sales manager

I had the exact same problem with my 1999 tahoe. I removed the battery terminals and they were badly corroded. A simple scraping with a pocket knife and then a baking soda and water bath to polish the connections. walla walla, perfect starts, runs forever and cheap. The battery never failed to start the vehicle, so i never thought the battery terminals were that bad. WRONG!!!!
So clean them and go driving. john