Re: Please help...Will Work for Food

. . . Please help Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Feb 17, 2004, 12:03am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jamesw1982)
Hi, My name is james. I am currently enrolled in college, and I am
having a really hard time paying my tuition, I work full time and still I am on the verge having to quit school because of my bills. I am writing this to ask that you donate a buck or two so that I can finish my education, if you would be willing to do that, It would be appreciated more than words could ever begin to express. Please send via paypal to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Thanks in advance ========================== I don't trust paypal........
tell yuh what.......I'd really like to help a little feller out, if I could.....and I got me a couple extry bucks left from my paycheck.....so..... I tell you what.........you jest post yer name.... address....and phone number (i'd jest like to give you a call.....to be sure i sent you enough)
and I'll mail you out a little something.....maybe send a card with it too....
how bout that ....aye?
marshmonster ~didn't i see you at the intersection the other day?.....what did that sign say?....."will work for food".....yeah ....that was it~ ================

Took the words right out of my mouth Marsh. There's this little thing called STUDENT LOANS which allow pretty much anyone to go to school nowadays. I'll own my house before I own me and my wife's education; don't see me or the hundreds of thousands like me in America looking for handouts. Ever wonder why they put a lien on a car you don't "own" but don't put one on college degrees? ;-)
Doc

don't
handouts.
I wonder what would happen if slavery comes back?? Think of it, if finance companies can sieze and sell cars if you fail to pay on them... could finance companies sieze and sell you for failing to pay your student loan?
:)
rhys
Then the word: "Massah"
would be back in style?
I don't think so, slavery was bad once, and I for one don't think it would happen again. But, if you don't pay your student loans, they levy your cars, house and anything your name is on.
Refinish King

one

You're a shining example, Doc! i wish our kids felt the same way... especially when we write checks for about $175 a month for their loans... (and he dropped out!)
Mac

don't
handouts.
one
Ah, yes.... this is why my daughter has been informed that it would be good for her to work a year or two and then go to college - that and the fact that any student loans she applies for will be in her name, as an adult. Hell, I don't have *mine* paid off, it'll be a cold day when I start paying on anybody elses! ;>)

<snip>

Oh, he has one for $50 a month that's been in default for 2 years... his credit is screwed and we're glad... maybe he'll learn something from that, anyway!
Mac

this is why my girls (2.5 and 1.5) will be paying for their own education.... I've known waaaaaaay too many people who drank their way through school on their parents dime. the ones that really buckled down (in my experience) where the ones going on their own dime.
to me, the cost of college has very nearly or has just past the point of diminished returns. I'm not sure the investment is really worth it. There's an awful lot of unemployed engineers working as yardman at the local lumber yard.
-Bret
When I worked at radio shack 4 out of 6 of the ppl there had gone to college. One guy had gone back several times... The two who hadn't were me (still in highschool at the time) and a self-made man who was working there because his wife didn't want him to be his own boss any more...
~KJ~
wrote:

don't
handouts.
one

Hmmm...
If I take you up on you offer and post my deatils would you post me $50...
I'm almost outta Wacky Baccy.... :)
rhys
They got rid of the GI Bill and ROTC too I hear??
. . marsh ~pass's the pipe to rhys...as he sits there on that sack of seeds~
00 L O
settle for some shrooms? ========Feb 17, 2004, 7:43pm (CST+19) From: snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMwaikato.ac.nz (rnf2)
Hmmm...
If I take you up on you offer and post my deatils would you post me $50...
I'm almost outta Wacky Baccy.... :)
(rnf2)

Let me tell you, they ain't at all easy to grow from scratch, unless one has access to a bacteriology lab, an autoclave and a glove box..
Did save a couple of spore prints from those years

I just go pick mine during the season, theres a public park nearby where they grow prolificly :)
rhys