Re: Service 4WD light

I had the same problem with my 99 Chevy 4WD, but I just went and bought a new dash push button switch from the dealer insteaded of taking apart the old one. My cost with sales tax was around $45.
Easy replacement, just gently pull the plastic dash off (top and left side first) and then I used a long narrow thin bladed screwdriver to gently pry the old switch out and replace. Took less than 30 minutes.
I did take the old switch apart later and found three bad, broken, cold solder joints on the bottom connector pins. I could of fixed, but for the price, just replacing the switch worked for me.
A BIG Thank You to the folks on this NewsGroup for the Help!!!

Here in Canada they wanted about 120.00 for the same switch, go figure eh.

work
faulty
be
"PAUL" wrote

I think if you check again, you will find the price is dropping. I think the last one I got was under 100 dollars. Still ridiculously high for what you get (especially considering the problems they have with this switch).
Ian
My feelings exactly, should be warranty, possibly a recall, this is ridiculous. I myself have seen like 4 of them now go bad.

eh.