Re: Silverado 5.3 liter stalled

> Great story. Get back to us when you find out what the problem was. > Did you have a question? > > Some engines will go into a "safe mode" that allows them to be > driven > like that, but not at full performance. Happened to me when the > Throttle Position Sensor failed. >

found the problem , it was the fuel pump it had about 15lbs of pressure changed it runs fine happy happy happy

Reply to
haulin24

Just curious is 15 psi too much or too little?

Reply to
NotMe

15 psi is roughly one atmosphere; a fuel-injected engine likely needs more. But then, I'm a computer programmer....
Reply to
Desertphile

you're mixing standards, references and absolutes.

Reply to
NotMe

WAY to low. The pump should be putting out around 55-60 psi on that truck.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks. Doubt I'll ever use the info but nice to know.

Reply to
NotMe