Re: Suburban Oil Pressure Switch Location

Varies with the application, many SBC'S utilize an oil cooler where CM placed the sender just North of the adapter.
Have a great one!
Bush
On 16 Jul 2003 05:28:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Mike Schudel)

On the engines with an oil cooler they don't have the pressure switch up near the distributor? but down by the oil filter adapter? If thats so, then I stand corrected and my last msg. was incorrect.
thanks for the info

--
Elbert Clarke
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

No, you aren't wrong. It makes no difference whether there is an oil cooler or not. Small block chevy engines have always had the sending units either at the rear of the block, left side, right behind the intake manifold rear sealing line, or above the oil filter section of the block, left side, rear of the block. For the last number of years, it's always up top at the rear of the block.
Ian
Bingo! That is EXACTLY where it was!
I had to take the cover off the top of the air intake to see it sitting below the distributor. It actually lays horizontally and threads into an adaptor that is vertical to the engine block. The electrical conection (3 prong) is hidden by the distributor and you have to feel the lock tab with your hands to get it off. What a pain in the butt! This thing couldn't have more harder to get at. Although, a deep-well 1-1/6" socket does the trick to get it unthreaded.
Thanks for the description as to where this thing was located!
Mike S. Kalamazoo, MI
...that was a 1-1/16" inch deep-well socket. :-)
Mike S. Kalamazoo, MI