Re: Swapping 6.5TD to 5.7 Gas

I looked into buying a 95 3500 w/ the 6.5 that was not running and putting a 350 or 454 in it, after researching it I found it to be ALOT cheaper and easier just
to buy a gas engine, even though i could have got the 3500 for cheap.
where's the truck? K3500 or C3500?
Putting in a 350 would be like equipping a Peterbilt 379 with a volkswagon Jetta engine. Putting in a 454 would net you some torque, but not be cost effective to swap. Replacing the 6.5 with a long block, installing a few aftermarket parts in the right places and sticking to what belongs in the truck would net you a great tow vehicle. I doubt you will see 300HP and +520 ft-lbs of torque getting +15 mpg with a 454.
Snowman

easier just to buy a gas engine, even though i could have got the 3500 for cheap.