Re: Tire size with larger wheels '92 s-10 blazer

Well you could cut out the fenders, or do a home made body lift.

I had 30x9.50s on my stock 94 s-10 blazer, no rubbing but that was 15" rims.
-- Bruce 99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac 89 YJ 03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256 90 XJ6 Sovereign

Thanks, Bruce, for your reply to my post about tire size. I guess what I'm looking for is a recommendation of a specific size tire to put on my 16x7.5 wheels. I don't do any off road driving, the most I do is some unpaved dirt or sand roads in the Jersey Pine Barrens. I need a tire that will wear and handle well on highways at highway speeds 55-65 mph and be usable as an all weather tire, especially for snow.
Thank you, Rich
1992 S-10 Blazer 4 door, 4x4, auto trans (basically a station wagon with a glandular problem)
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once"
Rich, Take a yardstick and when you see a stock Blazer with big tires measure them and take that to the tire store see if they got something close to that heigth.I've got a 89 Blazer with 235-75R-15 that are about 29" tall and no rubbing. Hope this helps. Wayne

The 235/75R15s are stock.
30" tall tires will fit without any trouble. 31"s may fit if you're lucky. Some people swear that they fit on their bone stock trucks, others (like myself) have tried and they don't clear the back of the front fenders.
Well sorry i could not be any more help on sizes but i have Toyo Open Country ATs on my Grand Cherokee now and they are great tires. Not the best in mud but sand/beach they are good.
-- Bruce 99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac 89 YJ 03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256 90 XJ6 Sovereign