Re: Weird sound from the fuel tank...'97 Yukon.

Thanks for your reply , Doc! When it was installed in December....no noise

> whatsoever! In the last few weeks, I hear it while driving, windows up, no > radio on, no AC blowing! When I crawl under the car, next to the fuel tank, > let the ol' lady turn the ignition to the "on" position, it's blatantly loud > for a few seconds ....energizing???? Once the car is started, it does it's > thing for the initial few seconds then tapers off to a louder-than-before, > whewwwwwww kinda exhaust-leak sound??? What I'm trying to say is......it's a > damn sight louder than I "think" is normal! Certainly louder than it > original install! > p.s. - I remember the mechanic (a trusted friend) showing me the original > and new fuel pump.....remember it being rounder than a coffee can and twice > as tall, plastic cheesy looking mechanism....just never asked where it was > located on the Yukon? Figured it was in the engine compartment, not the fuel > tank...seemed damn big to be going in the tank...Did the tank have to be > dropped for the install???

Yeah, the tank must be dropped for the install, or the bed removed (not on your Yukon, but on trucks) to get the sending unit + pump out of the tank.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Side,

92=TBI=9-13 psi

96=CPI or MPFI=60-66psi

The more pressure she takes, the more noise she makes.............

Doc

louder-than-before,

is......it's

"energizing"

Reply to
"Doc"

Harp,

Did it actually die on you or did you just replace it because it was noisy?

Doc

louder-than-before,

is......it's

"energizing"

Reply to
"Doc"

Yup...noisy, damn noisy.....loudest my mechanic has ever heard and he does a couple a week !

Reply to
Harpman