Re: Where to find best price for AC Delco Rapidfire plugs?

whats the difference between the ACDelco Rapid fire plugs and the ACDelco Platinum Plugs? What would you use? around here the platinum plugs are $6 each.. never check on the price of the rapid fires

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Rapid fires aren't platinum:

they have a multiple split end conductor, kind of like a rapid fire type of plug.

This makes for better combustion and better flame propagation in the combustion chamber, supposedly?

I question that,

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

I've used em' in everything for the past ten years or so and LOVE them. I'd never feed my beastie anything else. Last a good while for non-platinum plugs (last set went almost 30k).

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

They did change the design, no longer a split tip. Not sure if they work as well now.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

arn't you confusing rapid fire's with split fires? looking at the delco website doesn't give much info but by the picture a rapid fire is nothing like a split fire. my question was more pointed in the main difference between an ACDelco Platinum plug and a ACDelco Rapid fire and which one would be recommended over the other and way.. anyone wanna point out the best plug wires to use also.. I'm about to do a plug/wire change.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Rapidfire's seem to give a getter burn, better lowend oomph. I've used Bosh Platinum and didnt notice a difference (thats the main selling point of the rapidfire), although the Platinums should last longer , the Rapidfire seem to be the better plug.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

No doubt they are a good plug!

Better than Split Fires and Accels, because they're AC's. But the theory behind the multiple fires just metal erosion, but they do get them to last for a non-platinum. I agree fully. Let Auto-sputter, I mean Auto-Lite try that, and to think I was an Auto-Lite Junkie for years?

Refinish King

message

Reply to
Refinish King

My sincere apologies!

I did mean Split Fires.

We all make mistakes, I've resolved myself to making more than the average human being!

Sorry again.

Sincerely,

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Hell, I used to be a BOSCH junkie! How pathetic is that? Useless pieces of shit they are .

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

LOL

I can't imitate him, but I can imitate Snoop Doggy Dog;

Demz aint siznatch!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

See I would translate it as;

Demz aint schiznat.

~KJ/TLGM

message

Reply to
KJ

Much better!

I beenz outta da gitto foa wyle ain shiet.

Wilkome bak ain shiet!

Refinish Kieng

Reply to
Refinish King

Thanks :-)

~KJ/TLGM

message

Reply to
KJ

You're a hoot!

The place has been like a morgue without you. But. Doc came up with a good one every once in a while to bet a chuckle from us.

In Italian: Benvenudi!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King