Re: which rear end do i have??

GT5 -- 4.10 gears

--
Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,
A complete list of all GM RPO codes can be found at http://tinyurl.com/eycv
GT4 Axle Rear 3.73 Ratio
GT5 Axle Rear 4.10 Ratio (DUP With GT8)
GU4 Axle Rear 3.08 Ratio
G65 Level Control Manual, Self-Adjusting
G69 Level Control Auto, Air, HD
G80 Axle Positraction Limited Slip
HMc
thanks for info and the link, kind of was hoping i had the 3.73 axle ratio. may be a long shot but would anyone know the difference in fuel economy between the two axle ratio's.

Missed one, GU6 is 3.42. In the S-trucks anyway...
On 22 Jun 2003 09:26:40 -0500, "Howard McCollister"

total
absolutely total, devastating destruction
sez:

Hi all,
I was checking out the post "which rear end do I have"
You guys have me curious now, I checked my VIN # and this website http://tinyurl.com/eycv , couldn't find my rear end code in there, anyone help me out?
GTE is the code I have in my VIN # K19 are the three #'s after GTE if that helps
99 Z71 4X4
Thanks!
With your valve stem straight down, make a chaulk mark on you r driveshaft. Have someone drive truck straight ahead one tire rotation. Count number of turns of driveshaft until the valve stem is straight down again. If mark has gone around just over 4 times, it's a 4.10. Three and three quarters turns, it's a 3.73. Just under3 and one half turns, a 3.42. Just over 3 turns, a 3.08. Quicker than tryin to cipher a code!