Re: which rear end do i have??

A complete list of all GM RPO codes can be found at

GT4 Axle Rear 3.73 Ratio

GT5 Axle Rear 4.10 Ratio (DUP With GT8)

GU4 Axle Rear 3.08 Ratio

G65 Level Control Manual, Self-Adjusting

G69 Level Control Auto, Air, HD

G80 Axle Positraction Limited Slip

HMc

Reply to
Howard McCollister

thanks for info and the link, kind of was hoping i had the 3.73 axle ratio. may be a long shot but would anyone know the difference in fuel economy between the two axle ratio's.

leopold

total

absolutely total, devastating destruction

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Reply to
Mike Levy A+, N+, MCP

Hi all,

I was checking out the post "which rear end do I have"

You guys have me curious now, I checked my VIN # and this website

, couldn't find my rear end code in there, anyonehelp me out?

GTE is the code I have in my VIN # K19 are the three #'s after GTE if that helps

99 Z71 4X4

Thanks!

Reply to
99 Z71 owner

With your valve stem straight down, make a chaulk mark on you r driveshaft. Have someone drive truck straight ahead one tire rotation. Count number of turns of driveshaft until the valve stem is straight down again. If mark has gone around just over 4 times, it's a 4.10. Three and three quarters turns, it's a 3.73. Just under3 and one half turns, a 3.42. Just over 3 turns, a

3.08. Quicker than tryin to cipher a code!
Reply to
Markedwardz