Rear cup holder latch on 2001 Tahoe

Hello,

Has anyone here fixed or replaced the rear cup holder latch on a 2001 Tahoe?

I found that they want around $20 for the little black plastic part, which, by design, will probably fail again in the future. Regardless of that fact, does anyone know how to remove the old one in order to replace it? Any sources for the part?

Most likely, I won't replace it with an original plastic part. I'm thinking that I can fix it by attaching a metal plate to the cup holder side that flips down and a magnet in place of the black plastic latch. That would still require removing the old broken part, which I haven't figured out how to do so far.

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply to the group.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

Peter, I'm facing the same issue and just beginning my search for the part. Please let me know if you figured out a solution that works. John.

Reply to
johnpam.buckwalter