Rear Differential Capacity 2500HD

Can anyone tell me the capacity of the rear diffenential on a 2004 Chevy 2500HD 2wd (Duramax, Allison, 3.73 gears)? Also, what type/weight of lube to use - I presume it's 75w-90 but the owner's manual doesn't list anything
for the differential. The housing looks pretty big, like it might take a gallon or so (plus additive because it's a locking rear end), but I'd like to know before I get into it.
Thanks in advance - Jonathan
Jonathan Race wrote:

It depend on what particular rear end you have. But the largest one takes around 3 liters....so you'd be safe if you got 3 liters. Synthetic 75W/90 is the recommended lube for all of them. The locking rear ends do not require any friction modifier. In fact, the manual specifically mentions "not" to use it.
Ian