Rear View Mirror

`04 GMC 2500 HD When the temp hits 38 degrees F,my mirror flashes "ICE" I have looked in the manual,but have found nothing. Is it normal,or does it have to be recalibrated?

i have a 04 1500 and my manuals says that is way do that. its a warning to be careful so says the dealer
Yes... it's supposed to do that.