Rebuilt or just short-term "drivability"?

So far, I have found ZERO transmission rebuilders that will offer a list of parts replaced, a usable warrantee, and/or a price that isn't so high; that it defies all reasonable explanation.
Does anyone have knowledge of a rebuilder/seller that offers a transmission that will provide _long-term_ reliability... someone who does business the "old fashioned" way? :-)
Thanks...... GC
where are you GC?
Brian........ In North Carolina
On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:56:33 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (GC) wrote:

Brian,
If you ever find a good one I'd like to know. I'm in Raleigh and I have two old 700r4's that might need work one day (85 Caprice and 88 Suburban.
-RC
R.Clarke spam snipped-for-privacy@BlocKmindspring.com RTP, NC, USA
I've had xcellent service and warranty backup from Statesville Transmission Servicein Statesville NC. Maybe 6 minutes off I-77. They rebuilt my 95 Blazer; told me exactly what failed (and showed me the parts). When something went wrong about 6 months later, they didn't bat an eye...took it right in, dropped the tranny; found a part from their rebuild kit had failed and replaced it all at absolutely no charge. Excellent people...and one of those privately owned shops where you could eat off the floor! (always a good sign as far as I'm concerned) Call the owner, Chad Stewart, at 704-871-2311. BTW, the diagnostics are free!
Gary in Huntersville NC