remote door locks - 99 Yukon

I have a problem that I would like some opinions on. Sometimes, when I hit the door unlock key on my remote(factory), the driver's door will not unlock(you can't even hear it trying to unlock). Other times, it works
fine.
..and then other times when you hit the lock button, some doors will lock and others won't.
Is there any way this is a remote issue and not an electrical issue in the truck? The other remote doesn't work at all. I bought the truck used, and the remote that doesn't work looks brand new. I checked the battery as well, but it won't work.
Thanks,
Perry
Did you try changing the battery in the remote?