Remote Entry Programming

I have a 2003 S-10 ZR2. Wanted to program my remote entry to unlock both doors with one push of the button instead of two. Followed the instructions in the owner's manual. Now, it still takes two pushes of the remote to get
both doors unlocked - but the doors do not lock when I move the transmission out of park. That function has gone away, even though there are no instructions in the owner's manual for changing that feature. Does anyone know the correct instructions for programming the remote as well as getting the gear shift/door lock feature back?