Remote Start

I'm attempting to hook up a remote starter and can't see the brake light switch, The Truck is a 95 Silverado. The Parts stores did have a Haynes manual, the guys told me it was on the transmission, or half way up the
steering column. Any Idea where this switch is?
I don't know if they changed it much but in 88 it was on the Pedal Lever itself. As I recall it was a rectangular spring loaded switch infront of the lever as it goes up toward the dash. If they changed it I don't have a clue.

they're telling you the location(s) of the park/neutral switch, not the brakelight (stop lamp) switch. the stop lamp switch is always (in my experience) somewhere around the brake pedal arm.
HTH, Bret