remote starter

Does anyone have a recomendation for a brand of remote starter?
TIA Jeff

I believe I paid $50 for mine, frmo Sams. Bulldog brand I think.
Yes, I thought it would be a POS too-- but for $50, I turned out winning in the end. Works great the last 4 years.

Ditto. Bought two Bulldog units on-line and they've been great! My wife's favorite auto accessory. Good on-line support too. But you will spend 4-6 hours installing. ...mainly finding the wires under the dash that must be tapped into.

I saw the Bulldog brand in the Summit catalog, so I checked out their webpage. I watched the install video, and was kind of discouraged when they started stripping and splicing into ignition and power wires leading into the steering column. Not comfortable with that. But, according to the webpage, for another $20.00, they sell a "T harness" specific to your car, and it looks as if that just plugs into the wiring harness, without splicing, but I can't tell for sure. I wonder how much of the 4-6 hour estimate this saves.
You're right, Sam's Club does seem to have the best prices, going to go check that out today.
Jeff
I would guess that would cut it down to less than an hour...mainly removing a panel under the dash to get access to harness. So, is your time worth $4 or $5 per hour? That's what you'd be saving.

in
yes the bulldog is a POS
www.bought4less.com masstart2001 is the one to buy

as a former professional installer, I disagree.
So do 3 other folks so far, it looks like.
Care to enlighten us with some informatino why it's a POS, or is it just because "You're right"? <Somehow I doubt that>

So far, from my research, Bulldog is the only company that has all of the install, the manuals, and the video upfront on the website. And they are only one of two that offer the T-harness that helps to avoid most of the cutting/stripping.
Seems like all of the starters have practically the same features, and unless there is a QA issue with the "brain" burning out or sub-standard wiring, I can't imagine there is a huge difference between the brands, only that Bulldog encourages folks to install there own, while other brands always "recomend professional installation." But, I asked the original question to learn, so I am interested to hear if there are qualitative differences amongst the brands.
Jeff
i agree, for the price. bought mine at pep boys and also a remote key and ignition killer. installed eassy and works great. john

I have a Crimestopper myself and got it for 80 bucks on Half.com and couldn't be happier with it. came with an fm pager with L.C.D. and infared sensor (fir when my windows are open). I have nothing but nice things to say about Crimestopper brand remote starters.