remote starter

The truck is a Chevy 04 1500 standard model auto tran 5.3 v-8 Wish to install a Impulse model 4040 alarm and remote starter combo. My key has no chip or anything on it.
Does anyone know if I need any kind of bypass to install this alarm and starter Spanky
Most GM's after 2000 have Paslock system of one type or another
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/diagrams.htm

Wether or not he needs one for PassLock, he will need one for doorlock. Starting with '03 (I beleive) each door has a door module that demultiplexes the lock signal from the databus. You must either use a databus interface, or run 3 14 awg wires into each door to send the unlock pulses.