Remoteless Keyless Entry Search

I've heard of some GM (cadillac) vehicles that have a keyless entry system that does not require a remote. basically what happens is once you get within a certain distance of your
car, a chip (or some other device), transmits a signal that unlocks the doors. ok, so its obviously i'm not real sure of the mechanics but it sounds really cool.
has anyone heard of it? know where i can find information on it? any aftermarket retailers selling it?
drop a line. thanks.
That "other device" is a remote something. Why not just a remote? john

cause i don't like a bunch of crap on my key ring....very "chicish". anyway, i was mistaken. that type of remote is on an infiniti xf45
thanks.

It basically sounds like a proximity card/reader. You would have the card in your wallet & when u get close to the reader (in the car) it would unlock the door.
Dave

Corvette had this back in the mid 90's, as I recall.
Marshall