Removing Headliner

Would someone explain how to remove the headliner in a 2003 Silverado K1500. I would like to take it out and install some Marker Lights and then reinstall the headliner.

Thanks, Karl

Reply to
Skylark

Its not hard, you just pull off the A pillar and then unbolt the sun visors and center console if it has it. Then depending on is its extended or regular cab remove the top door latch cover or B pillars. Then pull the latches for all the grab handles and the coat hangers, then there is a couple velcro above the headliner that is all thats left holding it up.

You will need to unplug the dome/brake light harness as mine was glued to the headliner.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

be careful around the front edges of the headliner near the windshield. There are some plastic clips that are glued to the headliner that are easy to screw up...between the a A-pillar and the rear view mirror (each side). Also watch the a pillars and other plastic....they give so far and then they break.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

Thanks for the info. Sounds easy, but I'll probably screw something up.

Karl

Reply to
Skylark