Removing Ignition Wires from Safari van?

Can anyone out their tell me the way to remove ignition wires from a 93 Safari. I just tried to remove them by hand, and their basically not enough room. I'm thinking of getting a ignition wire puller to do the job. Does
anyone have any advice on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks, Zantino
Vans are such a pain, even just getting off the dog house....Have worked on a friend's 5.7 in a full sized G-20 and you're right, no room at all. A pliers type puller will help for leverage, and hope you don't rip a connector tip off....
Look forward to scratched hands, wrists and to entertaining the neighborhood kids with rarely heard words
the only REALLY bad one is # 1, but you can get to it by removing LF tire
all the rest have right-angle boots, so you can get a grip
plan on new wires, tho........

enough
#1 I got off with no real problems, but the others are giving me problems because of the angle boot, no room to grab it. Guess a wire removing tool would help?
Thanks, Zantino

Does
appreciated...
you have to hook one finger into the inside angle of the boot
or else get a long screwdriver in there to pop it off

93

enough
I used a wire puller on my '88 Safari. It's a little forked thing with the ends of the forks bent at 90 degrees, which hook under the boots. I was cheap, and it worked. Was still a pain, though....
WW
I got the wires off using a screwdriver and it was still a real pain. Broke a few boots taking them out. In the process a sensor unhooked... It's a funny wire that fits into a little hole. It just sits in there, not really secure... Does anyone know what this is? When it's not in, the check engine light goes on. It's on the drivers side engine block. How do I get this thing to stay in there... What a pain...
Zantino

Does
appreciated...
the
knock sensor
the mating end on the wire should have some internal tabs to hold it

93
Yes it does, but they don't seem to be holding to well, is their anything I can do?
Zantino

not
with
was
smear a dab of RTV in there before you plug it in

job.
is RTV the same stuff you use for spark plug wires? the wire grease, to prevent sparks and seal out moisture?
Zantino

from
basically
no
RTV is the sealer used on oil pans, etc; comes in black, red, and various other colors
when it 'cures' (dries) it stays flexible enough to remove the wire if needed, but it will hold the connection together till you need to remove it

the
thing
boots.
RTV=Room Temperature Vulcanization
It is rumored to have been first discovered on Spock's home planet Vulcan and later adapted for automotive use after Mr Spock traded the rights to it in exchange for several shapely Earth maidens
way to go Spock!!