Removing pins from rear door on Suburban

I have to replace the right rear barn door on my '99 Suburban. I am told that it is very difficult to remove the hinge pins...any recommendation on how to do it ? Are there any special tools required ?
Thanks in advance,
Brian

You really need a tool to remove/install the spring. Its a small spring that is VERY stiff. Youll see it in one of the hinges. You can do it without it but its a pain.