removing radio from a 1995 CK extended cab - help

I want to install a better radio. Once I remove the dashboard cover what will I need and how do I remove the original radio ?

I have a 1995 CK extended cab 4x4.

thanks for any help.

Reply to
barry

DeeRHunteR

is the place to buy that new stereo

You unsnapped the dash bezel trim? there are clips on either side of the radio. press them down and jiggle the radio loose.

now buy that new stereo at

and the new stereo will be just as easy to install. Plug in and snap it in.

Reply to
Im Right

boy isn't this a bit of bull!!! there are only a handful of 1.5DIN radios out there, and they're not popular...the vast majority of aftermarket head units are single din units, so they require a dash kit to make them fit in the dash of that truck (which is 1.5DIN)

The same goes for the wiring...you /can/ get prewired harnesses for specific radios and vehicles (I sell them), but in the vast majority of cases, the user will be soldering the radios' harness to an aftermarket harness.

In lots of cases, pro shops will not use harnesses unless instructed to by the owner (and pays for the parts). we cut and solder the deck harness to the vehciles harness...doesn't allow for stock replacement after, but its also $20 cheaper!!

please don't tell people that you "just slide the new one in and...." that is so far from the truth in 99% of cases, its not even funny....

Hamilton Audio