Removing starter from 91' S-10 Blazer 4x4?

I got the starter off but can not get the darn thing out. Anybody have any luck getting the starter out?
Thanks
Mike

Michael Fell wrote:

Remove the cross-member and jack the motor up an inch or so and it should slide out (barely) IIRC.
Big Chris
I got the one from my 92 out without removing anything else. I used a jack to lift the motor some on that side.
It was tough, but twisting and rotating it a certain way (can't recall) and it came out. The replacement was much smaller and very easy to put in.