removing "Suburban" emblem on rear

I've had to replace one of my barn doors on my '96 Suburban, do to a rather stupid move on my part, unfortunately. I got one, in the matching color even, from a junkyard that is perfect...except that it came off a Yukon.
I need to remove the "Yukon" and replace it with the "Suburban" off of my old door. What is the best/recommended way to get these things off and glued back on again? Thanks Guy
They are just on with an adhesive. Try using a hair drier or heat gun. Be VERY careful with a heat gun though as they can get hot enough to damage the paint. If you go to a store that supplies body shops you can get a new adhesive strip for the reinstallation. Larry

If your careful you can use a sharp putty knife to remove and some clear silicone to reattach it.
Snow ... 93XJ

You might be able to pry it off from the top...tricky but it can work. Otherwise go to your local music store and ask for the thinnest used guitar string they have and use a couple pairs of small ViceGrips to hold the wire and slide it behind the emblem to cut it off. Use good old trim adhesive to put it back on. I recommend the black, use just enough and clean up the excess immediately! Use a couple strips of masking tape to hold it in place till the adhesive dries. Tried and true way that I have done ALLOT of emblems!!!

I've had good luck warming the emblem with a heat gun and using either dental floss or monofilament fishing line behinf the emblem to "saw" it off. The floss or fish line will not harm the finish. As for re-attaching it there are a number of auto trim doublesided tapes that ca be applied and trimmed to fit the emblem.
Good luck Red

Customer of mine had good results on his brand new BMW using the dental floss method mentioned above.But why put the old one back on.Chevrotet paying you to advertise on your vehicle? (g) Brian O.
Same kind of thought I was having! Why remove the "Yukon" chancing a goof up and then, if it does come off clean, why worry about putting the "Suburban" back on..... Vehicles often look much better with the junk removed.