Repairing/replacing dashboard lights

I have a 2003 Silverado Z71 Extended Cab, 5.3L Type T, 4WD. Some of the dashboard lights no longer work - for example one the dual climate zone sliders, the right one is out while the left one comes on with the rest
of the lights. I've been told they are not replaceable bulbs but rather soldered LEDs. I have yet to start taking the dash apart. Can anyone confirm this is true or not and if they are LEDs, how difficult are they to replace? Would it just be easier to replace the entire boards themselves from a junkyard? Looking for any guidance to get started. Thanks.
Kevin Klein wrote:

The instrument cluster uses standard bulbs, The radio, heat controls and most items like door lock, window switches and such use soldered in bulbs or LEDs depending on the option package. The dual climate units use soldered in LEDs. Not hard to replace BUT finding the correct replacement is sometimes a PIA.
--
Steve W.