Replace lifter?

I posted a message sometime ago about a knock in my 99 suburban 5.7L. I finally tore it apart and discovered that it is a collapsed lifter. All the other lifters look fine and I have them placed in the order they came out so they go back in the same holes. My question is to the group, Should I replace the bad one or the whole set and cam?

Reply to
Trail Shredder

Shep

Are they roller lifters or flat tappet (it does effect the answer somewhat)

Reply to
SnoMan

Roller Lifters.

Reply to
Shredder

It's a 99 for f*ck's sake! Guess you don't work on these much, eh?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

The guy is only trying help out...why is there such a need to attack the guy with your smart ass comment???

Reply to
Ironworker

You don't know all the particulars here like some of us do. Snowman is a self appointed expert in Chevrolets.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo