Replace V1500 automatic trans with a manual trans?

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to replace the automatic transmission in a V1500 (or similar truck) with a manual transmission?
I have a 1990 Chevrolet V1500 Suburban with a shot transmission and do
not want to replace it with another auto trans. I would rather sell it than do that. BUT, I like the suburban, so I am researching where I can get the parts (clutch, pedal, trans, etc...) and what it would cost if I did it myself.
Any thoughts/comments/insight? I am having trouble finding a source for the trans in the web, even though they supposedly made a version of the V1500 that was a manual that year.