Replacement Radio; Chimes

I know Crutchfield seems to be the preferred palce to shop for after- market radios. I was thinking of going to XM or Sirius and noticed in my 2003 Silverado manual that the factory radio (mine is the combination tape and cd) also controls the chimes for the message center, door ajar, etc. If I repalce the radio, what do I do about the chimes? DO I have to live w/o it or is there a way to address that?

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Klein

Well, if you go to Crutchfields website and select a receiver it will tell you that you have to select a special exterior chimer and they will show you what it is.

Reply to
Sigwings