replacing a 700r4 with a 350 trans

Hi all, I have a 90 k1500 with 700r4 that's pretty much shot. Can get a good 350 trans for free. Just wondering what else would need to be changed out if I
decided to do this. I am mainly wondering if I could adapt this to existing transfer case and drive shaft or If it all needs to be swapped. Any advice greatly appreciated.
The trans will have to be from a 2WD. The tail housing will need to be removed, the tail shaft shortened, and a spacer plate installed between the trans and t-case. That is the easiest and least expensive way to do it.
Yes, I have done the swap!